We are currently closed for all normal provision but continue to operate a limited service as an emergency childcare provider in association with Scottish Borders Council. This provision is for key workers, to ensure that you can continue your hard work towards the COVID effort. Contact us for more information about this service.
The key worker list from SBC website is below (we advise you to check on their site for any updates):
Please note, parents/carers who live outwith the Borders but work in the area can book their child(s) into one of our childcare hubs.
- NHS staff engaged in the national response to COVID-19 (including pharmacists)
- Health and social care staff
- Emergency services
- Staff working in schools and early years provisions
- Scottish Borders Council employees delivering key services directly in response to COVID-19
- Scottish Borders Council road workers
- Those delivering food
- Food retail workers
- Those delivering other vital services (e.g. national infrastructure)
- Fuel suppliers
Importantly, a huge thank you has to go to our amazing staff team who are working on a rota basis, 7 days a week, all to ensure that we can continue to provide this vital service. We’re very proud of the fun and love they continue to provide despite the circumstances – Castlegate values are still loud and strong!